Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Clubbing in Montreal

Hey there,
Okay so after countless hours of hiding out in my half furnished apartment I finally ventured into the unknown underground known to those here as the Metro. It was inevitable that I would have to go it alone one day so when my sister called with an offer of vodka, dancing, cute boys and overall fun I decided it was time to take the plunge. With the help of my super patient boyfriend, who Im pretty sure is starting to realize just how small town I am, I was on my way.

The metro ride from my place to hers not only seemed to take as long as my best friend does to get ready but it also involved two line changes. Line changes only mean one thing to a recovering puck bunny such as myself, and since it isn't hockey season yet you can imagine how confused I was. After two wrong turns and some bad judgement of balance resulting in an awkward embrace with a random I arrived at her place.

After a few pre drinks and alot of french conversation that I caught half of we were off. After being told that we were meeting up with her boyfriends friends I put myself in unavailable mode. After being told his friends consisted of an entire football team, I changed my clothes and put myself in, you can look but you cant touch mode. Seemed like my best "respect the boyfriend and still have fun" choice. Come on girls, even if you are taken you know you still like the thought of a cute boy, especially the football player type, checking out your tight end ;)

Clubs here are nothing like they are at home. I noticed this as soon as we walked up to the door. there were two seperate lineups. After running through a few scenes of entourage in my head I concluded that they must be the "beautiful" and the, for lack of a better term, "unfortunate" line. I followed my sister confident she would lead me to the beautiful line only to find out it is actually guest list and non guest list. Somehow I was on guest list although I still dont see the perk since both lines were just as long and I didnt get any free drinks out of it. As far as Im concerned its a hoax.

Inside it was like most clubs aside from one thing. The girls around here wear exceptionally less clothing than they do on PEI. Im sure many of you ladies would be taken aback by this but I was pumped. Just gives me even more reason to keep hitting the gym so I can flaunt this cute little booty in even less clothing. Id like to once again thank the french for their ever lenient ways. Short skirts, fake eyelashes and ridiculously high heels here I come!

xoxo Jess

PS The other day a random dude on the road told me I was hot. It made me feel great. Does that make me a bad person? ;p
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could inspire someone! And no honey, being told you're hot just confirms why we're such good friends..we have SO much in common! I am GoGo dancing this weekend, stay tuned to my blog for some intense retells of those stories. Love love love you, phone chat asap? oui oui mademaiselle?

Post a Comment