Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Restaurant Business

Hey there,

Alright so although my Wii skills have reached unparalleled levels I have realized that along with there being no money in the game, there is a very good chance I will get fat from sitting on the couch all day. Whoever thought that the Wii could be marketed as a video game that will help you get exercise was on crack. Needless to say with a body like mine I cant afford a risk so high as weight gain. Montreal is where the beautiful people live and goddammit I plan to fit in!

Although my sexual appetite combined with a long distance boyfriend was the main reason for my relocation there was also the need for change. Keeping that in mind I recently set out to find a job. Lets all take some time to realize that its been 7 years since i've applied slash interviewed for a job. And when I say I interviewed for a job I mean I walked in was told "your mom is the greatest" and started that week. I realized quite early on that finding a job in this city wouldn't be quite so easy. Luckily for me however I have all the ingredients to ace any interview. Rhianna level looks, Kate Hudson's personality and most obviously, Kanye West's confidence ;)

Sporting my best "I can be professional AND sexy at the same time" look I set off in search for the most perfect job. I told myself, "start small and build up your confidence so you can land your dream job". Unfortunatly for me my electrifying personality worked against me in this quest. I got the first job I walked into and they wanted me to start that night. I know Im charming but really?! Let that be a lesson to all you captivating personalities out there. Lower the greatness when the stakes are low or you may end up working at...wait, can I publicly slander a place on here? Hmm I dont think Ill risk it, lets just call it CP. Yes its a restaurant, HUGE change right? Dont judge.

While Im on the subject of bad restaurants I want to take a second to do something I didnt think I would ever do. Murphys Investments on Prince Edward Island runs the best restaurants in the business. I would like to credit them, along with my favorite boss of all time, Hoss, for ruining me in this business. I cant settle for anything less now! And my experiences here only prove that. This was the most unorganized, unprofessional and unfriendly restaurant I have ever entered! I will fully admit there were times at ESM that I thought I may go crazy, but now I just realize I was spoiled because things were always so damn fun. At least when it was busy I had a great staff around me to help out, or when it was slow I had one to laugh with. But at this place, NO PERSONALITY. I felt like I was working with multiple clones of Keanu Reeves. Minus one cool chick from France and a dude who I talked to about my BSc who was from turkey. Props for being able to stay cool in that environment, I couldnt do it, it was lowering my cool quota.

The boss at this place was the typical french creep. Tight v-neck T-shirts showing his chest hair, tight black work pants big shoes and a cigarette in mouth at all times. Big change from the boss Im used to; short, perfectly coiffed hair, the most amazing yellow pants, form fitting shirt showing an appropriate amount of chest hair, and always perfectly matching shoes ;) I need Hoss to move here so I can have an appropriate boss again. the restaurant business officially has no appeal to me anymore. ESM and staff, thanks for ruining it for me.

Needless to say I ran out of that place like a blue streak...I think they realized they arent seeing me around again. Too bad. Guess Ill be their "one that got away"

xoxo Jess
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment